User feedback: "Wallet already exists, please do not import the same wallet" when "Restore Wallet", as shown in the screenshot.
Reason analysis: This abnormal prompt is common when the user selects "restore wallet" and imports the wallet mnemonic under the current identity of imToken. For product safety design considerations, we have made a restriction here: restrict importing one "The existing hot wallet".
For the wallet recreated by imKey, the private key at this time is stored offline in the security chip of the imKey hardware wallet, and the storage in the network environment is isolated (physical isolation), and the created wallet is more secure.
- Reset imKey, how to reset imKey?
- Select language, set PIN code
- How to create/restore a wallet?
- Create a wallet (recommendation, please keep the mnemonic phrase properly)\
- Restore wallet
- The wallet mnemonic under the current identity of imToken cannot be restored;
- When the hardware wallet is accidentally lost or replaced, the mnemonic phrase under the original hardware wallet address can be restored through "Restore Wallet";
- In principle, the recovery of any wallet mnemonics (except the current identity wallet) is supported, but it is not recommended and does not rule out the risk that the private key has been exposed to the network environment before the recovery;