The imKey mnemonic secret box is made of aviation aluminum precision, which is indestructible, waterproof and corrosion resistant, and is used to save the mnemonic words generated by the user when creating a wallet.
- Owning the mnemonic phrase gives you absolute control over the digital assets, so please be sure to keep your mnemonic phrase properly.
- This product is suitable for the creation and restoration of 12-digit mnemonic wallets.
- According to the mnemonic word list defined by BIP39, 2048 mnemonic words, regardless of the length of the word itself, only need to determine the first 4 letters to determine a mnemonic word and its uniqueness, so each word position of the imKey mnemonic word box is also There are only 4 letter positions. If the mnemonic word is 3 letters, the last space is filled with a blank letter block.
- According to the letter distribution and frequency of occurrence of all mnemonic words in the BIP39 thesaurus, this package is equipped with 178 metal letter blocks, which can meet the combination of 12 mnemonic words, but it cannot be guaranteed to meet any combination, such as letter blocks. Missing, it is recommended to generate a new mnemonic phrase.
- The letter blocks "b" and "q", "d" and "p", "n" and "u" in this package can be used interchangeably.
Open the package and lay out the mnemonic secret box, letter blocks, screwdriver, etc. neatly. You can follow the steps below
- Unscrew the panel of the sealed box by 180° to make it into a straight shape. Note that there is no need to disassemble the panel of the sealed box;
- Take out the letter block pressing board, and put the letter blocks into the slot in sequence according to the mnemonic words backed up before. Note that each mnemonic word only needs to fill in the first 4 letter positions, if the mnemonic word is 3 letters, the last space Fill with blank letter blocks;
- If you are using imKey for the first time, in order to use the mnemonic key box more conveniently, we recommend that you back up the mnemonic phrase generated when creating a hardware wallet on paper, and then perform step 2;
- After filling in the letter block, it is recommended that you proofread it again to confirm that it is correct;
- Close the letter block pressing plate, tighten the screw, and turn the panel of the sealed box;
Please be sure to properly dispose of the paper on which the mnemonic phrase was transcribed
- before, or destroy it, or store it together with the mnemonic phrase box;
- Be sure to keep the mnemonic secret box in the safest place you think, and do not disclose it to others.