Before transferring assets from your imKey wallet to an exchange, make sure to obtain the correct deposit address for the specific token you are transferring. Take USDT as an example here:
- To transfer ERC20 USDT from an ETH wallet, copy the exchange's ERC20 USDT deposit address;
- To transfer OMNI USDT from a BTC wallet, copy the exchange's OMNI USDT deposit address;
- To transfer TRC20 USDT from a TRX wallet, copy the exchange's TRC20 USDT deposit address.
If you try to transfer USDT from an ETH wallet using the exchange's TRC20 USDT deposit address, you will receive an error 'incorrect wallet address'.
And the gas fee should be paid with a specific token for follow-up transactions from your wallet. Therefore, please make sure that you have enough gas fee tokens in your wallet.
- At least 0.02 ETH in your ETH wallet.
- At least 10 TRX in your TRX wallet.
- At least 0.0001 BTC in your BTC wallet.
Note: gas fee is charged by the blockchain network, not imKey.
To transfer USDT using imKey's ETH wallet, please follow the steps below:
- Enable the Bluetooth of your phone (Android users need to turn on their location services, or GPS).
- Make sure that there is enough ETH in your ETH wallet to pay for the gas fee.
1. Open imToken and go to the “Select Wallet”screen by clicking on the navigation bar in the top left corner. Then click on the ETH wallet section of the imKey hardware wallet.
2. Click on “Transfer”and select USDT. Paste the recipient's address and enter the amount to be transferred, then click “Next”.
Note: the recipient's address should be the ERC20 USDT deposit address.
3. After clicking “Request confirmation from imKey”, check the “Payment info” on the imKey hardware wallet and press the down key.
4. After confirming the recipient's address and gas fee (or miner fee), click the “OK” key to sign the confirmation. After a short wait, you should see the transferred USDT in the recipient's address.